Tuesday 22 January 2013

Beadboard Entryway


    Our house is a new build home, or it was when we moved in 9 years ago.  Since that time we've been working hard to infuse some character. I like old, vintage things and old vintage houses, so I keep coming up with these projects to give the house some architectural detail.  A couple of years ago I was having a conversation with my cousin about his victorian home in downtown Toronto. He had been interested in putting some wainscotting in the front vestibule.  I love those old vestibules! And I love beadboard and old coat hooks.

before
Before

    Anyways, my imagination took over and next thing I knew I was having one of those conversations with my husband.  The kind that starts off with " You know..." Our hall lacked any detail other than the slate floor and the custom trim we installed when we moved in.  So we created a transom and slapped up some beadboard!









    It still needs a nice ceiling light and some glass in the transom window,  but I'm pleased with the way it has come along so far.







    I have plans for a vintage door to replace the builder's steel door ( it's a work in progress) and probably some curtains, etc.  More to come...



1 comment:

  1. saw your comment on Khris' blog at Just Beachy and thought I'd check you out -- I'm also in Southern Ontario - love what you did with this entryway! Looking forward to seeing other projects in your house....love your style.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete